Saturday 2 May 2015

Review- Tesco Mozzarella Cheese Slices

I often wonder if I like processed cheese more than actual proper cheese.. There's something about that rubbery texture and fake taste, that just does it for me. I've been known to eat it straight from the packet or in hot, butter laden toast. Appalling, I know. 


I spotted these 8 Mozzarella Slices in Tesco* when buying Cottage Cheese - I get credit for at least pretending to be healthy, right? 


I unwrapped this square delight and ate it as is. I was really impressed by how much the cheese did taste of Mozzarella! Considering they only contain 25% Medium Fat Soft Cheese, I was expecting something really mild and bland but I was pleasantly surprised by the creamy flavour. The texture was identical to that of a normal processed cheese slice - rubbery and will mould together if you fold it onto itself! 

I am sure cheese connoisseurs would shun me but I thoroughly enjoyed these slices! It made a nice change from the bright orange ones and had a lot more flavour. They will go down a treat on burgers which is perfect since BBQ season is fast approaching! It's a 4 out of 5 from me. 

*In my excitement, I forgot to take note of the price - oops. Will update soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment