Saturday 16 May 2015

Review- Asda Chosen by You Lemon Meringue Donuts

My love for lemon is almost as great as my love for coconut. I think I get it from my mother.. She's the biggest lemon fiend I know! 


I picked up these 2 New Lemon Meringue Donuts in Asda for £2.25. 


Filled with stabilised whipped cream and lemon sauce topped with marshmallow and white chocolate meringue pieces.


The dough texture wasn't dissimilar from that of a Krispy Kreme which came as a big surprise - it was both soft and buttery. I didn't think the lemon was very tangy at first but it soon became apparent as I chomped my way through! The whipped pillowy cream was plentiful and not overly sickly, thankfully. The meringue on top and white chocolate pieces added sweetness which cut through the tart lemon as well as giving a crunch. I can't fault this donut! 

Overall, this was another great fresh cream dessert from Asda. There are other variants in the same range including Strawberry & White Chocolate and Chocolate & Praline - I'd be keen to try both! It's a 4 out of 5 from me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment