Wednesday 6 May 2015

Review- Tesco Finest Dark Chocolate Orange Croissants

I was feeling a bit French on Monday.. I was all for a standard plain croissant but my excitement cranked up a notch when I saw these Finest Dark Chocolate Orange Croissants in Tesco. The pack of 2 cost £1.80 but are often on a 2 for £2.50 offer. 


Filled with rich Belgian dark chocolate & Brazilian orange oil, hand decorated with a dusting of icing sugar. 


I was quite pleased I managed to get these home unscathed as the packaging was very flimsy. 


The croissants smelt amazing! The zesty orange scent greeted me immediately upon opening the pack. The pastry was soft, flaky and had a lovely buttery taste. I am glad Tesco didn't scrimp on the filling. I could definitely taste the orange oil in the rich chocolate. It was perfectly balanced and not overpowering or fake, thankfully. Although Belgian chocolate on top was a nice extra, it was a little brittle and most ended up on the floor sadly - cutting it probably didn't help to be fair! 

These croissants are utter perfection. If you like chocolate orange, I can pretty much guarantee, you will love these too. I would buy them again tomorrow. It's a 4.5 out of 5 from me.. OUI OUI! 

No comments:

Post a Comment