Thursday 1 December 2016

Snackmas Day 1- Chiostro Di Saronno Tiramisu Panettone

On the first day of Snackmas, John Lewis gave to me.. A severe case of deja vu-ey? Yes, Chiostro Di Saronno is back and back with a bang at that! We've moved on from the wonder and awe of the Al Cioccolato of last year to bigger and better things.. It's 2 of my favourites combined - It's Tiramisu Panettone! 


I was like a child on Christmas morning upon stepping foot in my local John Lewis at home store and  making a beeline for the Italian Cakes display - My little beady eyes can spot Panettone from a mile off at the best of times but put coffee into the mix and I charge! Rather disappointingly however, the ornate tin of last year has been done away with, in exchange for a rather lack lustre, albeit festively illustrated, cardboard box which I can't help but feel is a bit of a disservice and takes away that "luxury" feel.. Not to mention the fact that the change in aesthetics didn't reflect in the price! - The 750g Italian Cake was still a relatively costly £15! 


A twist on the classic Panettone, it is filled with a smooth Tiramisu cream and chocolate chips. 


The Panettone cut perfectly with a knife, slicing through as easy as anything to reveal an interior which was surprisingly nothing like the golden yellow dough seen previously. Thankfully, this didn't affect the texture and it delivered the same bouncy, fluffy and all round delightful quality that just can't be beaten. Nothing was hindered taste wise either with a pure, rich buttery flavour combined with sweet hits from the abundance of cocoa morsels. This was complimented by the pockets of silky yet sticky, smooth cream running throughout which provided an almost boozy, European feel that I would say to be more similar to ice cream than actual coffee.. Not that it mattered in the slightest - Amazing. 

Chiostro Di Saronno have done it again. This Tiramisu Panettone is almost faultless.. And that's when it doesn't even really taste that much of it's namesake! Perhaps I am bias given my sheer, undevoted love of the stuff but if you were to have it with a cup of coffee anyways.. Who cares? I certainly don't. It's a cracking start to Snackmas and a 4.5 out of 5 from me!

11 comments:

  1. I'm gutted it's so expensive, it sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I know :( They are just so good though! Worth every penny in my opinion! ;) xx

      Delete
  2. This sounds positively scrummy! If I ever find a gluten free one it might just be the star of my Christmas.. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crikey, I can't imagine a gluten free panettone! I wonder if such a thing even exists.. Find out Butty!! xx

      Delete
  3. We are off to a fine start for Snackmas!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eek we really are, Peanut! SNACKMAS SNACKMAS SNACKMAS!! :D xx

      Delete
  4. £15?? If it was under £8 then that would be great! Anyway, you can't have everything... and definitely not at that price! ³(I'll end all my comments with a ³ sign like the nerd I am)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pannetonne! The best Italian Christmas product, bar panforte (which I hope we'll get a review of ;) )

    Shame the box is cardboard, because if that was tin it'd be amazing. And it certainly should be for that price tag! I'd have to save my pennies quite a bit... Weird it doesn't taste of tiramisu - surely it would sell just as well as traditional pannetonne?

    Happy Snackmas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeeek I love panforte!! ;) I still have the tin that last years came in - It holds all my fondant icing and is most handy :( It's a strange one really.. It's like creamy, sweet ice cream combined with chocolate which is delicious but not tiramisu as I know it! No matter though, I still love it :D. Thanks for commenting! xx

      Delete