Wednesday 15 July 2015

Review- Ritz NEW Crisp & Thin: Cream Cheese & Onion and Sea Salt & Vinegar

There are a whole host of NEW savoury snacks out, at the minute. I was in two minds whether to try these Ritz Crisp & Thin but was persuaded when I saw they were on a "Better than half price" offer at £1 rather than £2.19.  I picked up 2 flavours - Cream Cheese & Onion and Sea Salt & Vinegar.

Cream Cheese & Onion


Oven baked, crispy potato thins with Cream cheese and Onion flavour.


I am not sure what had happened to the bag but as you can see, all the crisps were broken! The onion scented shards had a super crispy texture due to being thin and airy. Taste wise, the flavour was just as strong - I do think this overpowered any potential cream cheese flavour though, apart from maybe still having a slight tang. Another thing to note is how greasy they felt, both in hand and in the mouth! They left a horrible film which along with the potent onion aftertaste, wasn't all to pleasant! Its 1 out of 5 from me. 

Sea Salt & Vinegar 


Oven baked, crispy potato thins with Sea Salt & Vinegar flavour. 


I couldn't believe it when I tipped these out of the bag - How are they the same crisps as the Cream Cheese & Onion!? Once again, the texture was very crunchy and would be very more-ish.. Thats if they didn't taste of bananas! Yes, you read that correctly. I am assuming the acid in the vinegar is to blame for this horrible flavour! I was immediately put off and I stopped munching, immediately. I did however eat enough to know they aren't as greasy as the others which is something.. At least! Its a 0.5 out of 5! 

Overall, I was right in being hesitant about trying these NEW Ritz Crisp & Thin - The flavours are totally whack! I hope they are a snack that comes and goes promptly as no one should ever be subjected to greasy onion nor bloomin repulsive, savory banana crisps! Good grief. 

11 comments:

  1. Bananas?! of all the things for you to say that was certainly not on my list! Haha!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me, it wasn't on mine either! Haha. They are gross! The flavour was like when you've baked with some questionable bananas which in turn produce something with a disgusting vinegary taste - Yuck!

      Delete
  2. Oh dear, my dad has some of these (unopened) in the cupboard to try out. Thinking maybe I should warn him...eeek! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I think they should come with a warning on the packet, to be honest! Let me know if you try them and think they do taste of bananas - I can't be the only one! x

      Delete
  3. I actually really enjoyed these (though I have very odd tastes in food) that said, so did my little boy and he's obsessed with bananas, so I'm wondering if that could be why

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! That is brilliant :D I have a strange on-off banana allergy so maybe thats why the flavour was heightened.. I did make my Mum try them without giving her the heads up though and she said the same so I am thinking they really are just banana-y! :D

      Delete
  4. They sound yuck! I don't think these will last for long we already have too many good crisp brands around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can only hope so.. I don't really know why they bother. Classics are classics for a reason!

      Delete
  5. They do taste like bananas I totally agree!!!!! 😂

    ReplyDelete
  6. They do taste like bananas I totally agree!!!!! 😂

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very disappointed. They taste gross! How did they get past taste testing in product development???

    ReplyDelete