Wednesday 22 July 2015

Review- Krispy Kreme NEW Reese's Peanut Butter Crunch

As many of you are probably already aware, Monday saw Reeses Peanut Butter Krispy Kremes back in Stores and Tesco Cabinets, alike. Along with the return of this much loved doughnut came a new addition and Cabinet exclusive, the Reeses Peanut Butter Crunch. I was given marching orders by my big Brother, to get him one whilst doing the weekly shop. Somehow, I ended up hand delivering the blooming thing to him at work and have managed to rope him into doing a guest review as I can't eat peanuts. Without further ado.. Its over to BSW!

Hello Snack Warriors!

For people that know me, this is definitely not something I would ever do but seeing as the usual blogger would literally explode if she ate this product, I am here.. so brace yourselves for one of the hardest to read and grammatically incorrect reviews ever!


I don’t even know what its official name is, it was literally plonked on my desk and I was told to eat it.. Again people knowing me will know I'll eat things and ask questions later. It looked like a doughnut and smelt somewhat like a doughnut so assumed it was what I had asked for and my sister was not trying to poison me. 


Anyway, its pretty much a ringed doughnut with some things placed onto it. As I was eating it, the chips on top were clearly peanut butter flavoured and reminded me somewhat of Reese’s which I have to admit I do like quite a lot and could easily eat the peanut cups by the bagful. The doughnut itself tasted like a usual doughnut, nothing really stood out and the texture matched. Apparently  it had a peanut butter icing/glazing but I couldn’t really taste it, I’m the kinda guy that likes things to taste strong to get a real feel for it. Along with the chips and this supposed glazing, there were what I would describe as cookie bits on the top, but again didn’t really add to the flavour and was probably only there for aesthetics, but what do I know..

As someone that loves peanut butter (probably due to being denied it for the first 20 years of my life or so) this could have easily been flavoured with something else and been equally as enjoyable, not the best Krispy Kreme but also not the worse I’ve had. I would have to give it a 3 out of 5 for that very reason. 

Well there you have it, the opinion of a true PB addict! A big thank you to BSW for that fab review which I have to say was actually, really quite well written.. Trust me when I say, no one is more surprised at this revelation than me! I'll be back tomorrow with a review of something that doesn't make me to explode when eaten - See you all then! 


8 comments:

  1. Fab review laughed aloud at parts, bravo BSW! Question is do we prefer this or the originally Reeses filled Kripsy Kreme number?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good question you pose.. I shall go badger him for the answer :D

      Delete
  2. Kripsy Kreme that's a new one! Haha. It was a good question wasn't it! I'll take full glory for that one ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't put it past some naff two-bit doughnut company having a name like that in attempt to woo over the real KK fans haha. It was on of the best, I've been asked if I'm honest :P

      Delete
  3. Hm...I love Reese's and i love peanut butter but this look like disgusting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh.. Haha I'm sorry it doesn't float your boat :/

      Delete
  4. I loved the Reese's peanut butter kreme filled doughnut! It's a shame this doesn't sound as if it's as good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think a glazed ring will ever compare to a filled doughnut! Brother Snack Warrior said he would need another of each to determine which one is more peanutty but I am pretty sure that was just an excuse to eat more doughnuts haha! :D

      Delete