Wednesday 1 July 2015

Review- Kettle Tortilla Chips: Sweet Chilli Salsa and Cool Sour Cream

Tortilla Chips seem to be the "in thing" at the minute. I am not sure why we ever needed anything other than a good old Dorito but, alas.. Here are Kettle Chips "gourmet" offering. 


I picked up the Sweet Chilli Salsa and Cool Sour Cream Tortilla Chips in Asda. I can't remember the exact price but I am pretty sure, they were on some sort of offer - 2 for £3, perhaps!


The Cool Sour Cream were branded as NEW although I hadn't seen either variety from Kettle Chips, previously. 

Sweet Chilli Salsa


I am a bit funny when it comes to anything remotely spicy - I've been known to complain that black pepper is to much for me to handle so these probably aren't the best thing for me to review! MSW on the other hand is a chilli fiend and completely went to town on these. She stated that the flavour was spot on with a mild heat coming from the chilli which was perfectly balanced with an undertone of tomato. They were very crispy and moreish - I am sure she won't mind me telling you, the bag didn't last 2 days!  Its a 4 out of 5, from her and in turn, me!

Cool Sour Cream




























These tortilla chips were far more my cup of tea! I was quite surprised how similar they tasted to the Cool Original Doritos, although they no where near as salty and didn't hurt my tongue, thankfully! They had a nice sour cream taste with a slight tang which I think is always a really good accompanionment to the corn chip flavour. Once agin, they were very crunchy and highly addictive - It really is difficult to stop eating them once the bag is open! Its another 4 out of 5 from me. 

Overall, I was really impressed with these Kettle Tortilla Chips. They were perfect as is but I imagine, even more delicious with dips - Unfortunately, neither bag stuck around long enough to see! There are Sea salt and Nacho Cheese varieties in the same range which I would be equally as eager to try.. It would be interesting to see how they fare against the Tangy Cheese Doritos. 

Have Doritos finally met their match? I say, "gourmet" all the way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment