Wednesday 20 January 2016

Review- Cully & Sully Honey, Carrot & Coriander Soup

There are quite a few NEW additions to the fresh ready meal aisle of Tesco at the minute.. It seems they have majorly upped their game since the New Year! The Vegetarian section has expanded as well as having being given a packaging make over, with the soups too, being in abundance. One brand particularly caught my eye having not heard of them previously.. Cully & Sully. 


The cute name and cute packaging only helped when deciding to buy the 400g tub of Honey, Carrot & Coriander Soup for £1.50. It turns out Cully & Sully are a couple of Irish folk who just so happen to have a Global Sial D'or award as well as a Great Taste Gold 2007 stamp on not only this product but several of their others too! 


Both worryingly and reassuringly, I thought the soup smelt a bit like school dinners when being zapped until hot in the microwave - It was most inviting. Smooth and silky in the mouth and of the ideal thickness, the soup tasted pleasantly of earthy carrot with a very mild hint of spice to warm the back of the throat on the way down. I couldn't identify the honey itself which I wasn't all to disappointed about as it isn't my favourite but the apparent sweetness it did bring was lovely. The coriander also wasn't all that distinguishable but it didn't feel as though anything was missing as was - Everything was perfectly balanced with no yucky saltiness! Very comforting and very delicious. 

Overall, I am pretty much in love with this Honey, Carrot & Coriander Soup* from Cully & Sully.. I can certainly see why it has gone down a treat on judging panels! Without a shadow of a doubt, I will be trying more from the brand - The Tomato & Basil option has already caught my eye and I suspect will be purchased next week! It's a 4 out of 5 from me. 

Vegetarians and Gluten Free-ers unite as this is suitable for you.. AND it is freezable! What more do you want?! 

3 comments:

  1. It’s really great information for becoming a better Blogger. Keep sharing, Thanks. For more details to visit Buy coriander honey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was ill fancied soup never had this brand before so happy I chose the chicken and vegetables was the best soup I've ever had. Smooth tasty and filling,went back to Tesco and bought another 2 one for a friend with COVID she too thoroughly enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How you describe in your blog is mind-blowing and impressive—hats off to you for doing the terrific work. New Year Clothing

    ReplyDelete