Friday 22 April 2016

Review- Ritter Sport Coconut

Good chocolate doesn't seem to be easy to come by nowadays.. Some may argue that this is due to us becoming fussier but we all know quality has slipped across the board - Long gone are the days where you could pop into Woolworths and come out with a cheap, decent tasting bar! Ritter Sport however are one brand I have heard nothing but praise about.. And yet it's one I have not tried!


Alpine milk chocolate with a coconut and milk creme filling (45%). 

Well, that was until my First Mate, Mrs 1T sent me a 100g bar of the German Chocolate.. Only in the best possible flavour too - Coconut! It was safe to say, I was giddy with excitement at the prospect of a luxurious Bounty-esque treat.


Given that the filling was so thick, the cubed chunks didn't break exactly evenly but no matter.. It smelt irresistibly delicious! Popping a piece in the mouth, the smooth chocolate was the first thing to hit me - Rich but milky in flavour with a fantastic melt. Next came the pure hit of coconut from the dense filling which contained crunchy/chewy nibs of the shredded stuff set within a soft, creamy milk, tropical creme. This provided a light contrast in texture and made for a decent pairing thanks to the ratio of coconut to chocolate being just right and ideally sweet. Very creamy, very indulgent and very yummy! 

Overall, this Ritter Sport Coconut is a cracker - I can't believe I've managed this long without it! It is far superior to the UK chocolate bar market and quite frankly, my much beloved Bounty now seems pathetic in comparison. I will definitely be getting another and trying some of the other varieties the company has to offer.. I suggest you do too! Thanks Kirks! It's a 4.5 out of 5 from me. 

10 comments:

  1. Yum! I love this Ritter Sport :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loooove this bar. The Ritter sport praline is pretty special too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it the good praline or the super nutty sort that will send me doolally? xx

      Delete
  3. Although I love (Mars) Bounty, especially the dark version. Ritter Sport coconut is the well deserved winner 🏆 💃 🎈 ❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ritter Sport is the bees knees. I really want this bar as I love coconut.
    But I can never find any Ritter Sport anywhere in Asda/Tesco.

    If anyone is in Berlin, I would suggest taking a trip to the Ritter Sport shop. You can design your own chocolate bar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Waitrose and Sainburys are the best place to find it! ..Although taking a trip to Berlin sounds a lot more fun! :D xx

      Delete
  5. For a while there was a white chocolate coconut one which was AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete