Monday 18 April 2016

Review- Chiostro Di Saronno Panettone Al Limoncello

So it turns out that Panettone isn't just for Christmas or Easter.. It's an all year round delight! Well, it is at least in the Land of John Lewis who have beautifully wrapped and bow tied, Italian cakes on their shelves. Of course, I couldn't refuse - There was me thinking I would have to wait until the Autumn to be munching on a Chiostro Di Saronno treat again! 


Behold! Panettone Al Limoncello! - Yes, I did squeal when I saw that 2 of my favourite things had come together and grabbed it quicker than I could even note the price (£15, just FYI) . A whole Stand dedicated to this beautiful purple flower paper along with yellow bow is currently gracing the shop floor.. There are further items from Chiostro Di Saronno, Butlers Chocolates as well as unbranded Prosecco and Truffles - I implore you to go have a looksee if you're in need of a present for some one! 


A delicious twist on the classic panettone, this version has zingy limoncello cream running through it and candied lemon peals instead of sultanas for an extra hit of lemon flavour. 

Unwrapping the delight who's paper I have kept to use at a later date, lead me to the 750g, perfectly golden brown monstrosity. With the studded lemon peel pieces already clear to see, I had a feeling good things were about to come.. And perhaps a blue picture.. 


Both delivered! The sweet smelling cake cut perfectly into wedges to reveal oozing pockets of sticky jellied like curd blobs running throughout the fluffy, aerated dough - This was up to the usual standard in being rich, buttery and generally tasting of the highest quality, sweet Panettone. The candied peel was plentiful and not hard in the slightest, bringing a muted lemon tone before even hitting the main star of the show.. The Limoncello Cream! - Quite thick in texture yet super smooth, it certainly brought further citrus tones but once again, was pleasantly subtle rather than a full on tart Lemon flavour. A ever so slight, boozy tone did linger in parts but I do think that was only due to the fact I knew it was there! All the flavours married beautifully to produce something essentially.. Perfect! 

Oh Italy. You are the most glorious country.. I may never have been to you but your produce is what keeps me going in life! This Chiostro Di Saronno Panettone Al Limoncello is just the bees knees - It's buttery, lemon-y, gooey and really, just makes everything right in the world when you eat it! Please everyone, go get one.. You won't be disappointed. It's a 6 out of 5 from me - We've gone off the scale!

8 comments:

  1. Your hands are in the air like you just do not care!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far in the air like I just do not care! xx

      Delete
  2. Is panettone meant to be bready or cakey or both? Ive never tried one :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's its own thing! Think Brioche but 100 times better. Lighter, airy-er with a real rich flavour along with butter! IT'S AMAZING. xx

      Delete
  3. How many servings would you get out of this beast?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. For me. Haha! 8 I reckon although it's up to you how big or small your slices are, of course :D Xx

      Delete