Tuesday 22 March 2016

Review- M&S NEW Whippy Eggs

I can't remember the last time I had an Easter Egg Hunt.. Would it be wrong to make MSW hide me a few chocolatey goodies at age 22? I don't think so - You're never to old, right? These NEW Whippy Eggs might actually be perfect for the job.. There really is no excuse!   


I picked up the 6 mallow filled Eggs for a rather pricey £3.50 in M&S where they are situated with all the other Easter items - I highly suggest going having a look even if you don't buy anything.. Some of their big Eggs are like works of art! 


Gosh, how cute is the packaging!? Not only are the eggs sat in their very own plastic egg box but they are beautifully wrapped in shiny foils! So pretty! 


It gets better.. A couple of the eggs have Chick faces and there is one with pink stripes! I can imagine Kiddos will love fighting over which colour they want.


Cracking into an egg, the mallow was clear to see and essentially looked like a standard Walnut Whip really! Taste wise, the chocolate itself wasn't all that to write home about with a fairly generic, mild cocoa sort of taste as well as texture - Nothing premium sadly. Going back to that soft, sticky, whipped mallow filling, it was super sweet with a hint of vanilla and definitely something I would be happy to eat by the bucketful. The two elements went well together to make for a simple yet yummy treat. 

Overall, these M&S NEW Whippy Eggs are what they are - Nice enough if you love soft, whipped Fluff like filling but they do seem a bit over priced for what they are, especially when the chocolate is only just average! I would have thought £2 to be about the right going rate but then again, this is the company that charges £8 for cherries! It's a 3 out of 5 from me. 

10 comments:

  1. Hop to it MSW I'll be there in a jiffy to join in!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAS!! On your marks, get set, GO PEANUT GO! xx

      Delete
  2. Looks like the same cream they use in their walnut whips, which are 2 packs of 3 for £2. I find the cream very tasteless and a strange texture.

    £3.50 for the a very similar product? Without the walnut. Milking that easter theme. Boom!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're never too old for an Easter egg hunt! I'm 26 and will be staying with my parents for Easter - my Mum's already told me she's doing me one hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, your Mother is a champ! Chocolate eggies all round! :D

      Delete
  4. I'm not sure how old my munchkin needs to be to appreciate the Easter Egg hunt, 18 months is too young so hopefully next year. I'm still gonna do them for her when she's 30 though #mumoftheyear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reckon you could scatter a few little eggys around for her to pick up.. Even if it is purely for your own joy to watch! :D All the other kids (30 year olds) will be dead jealous of the big Munchkin who's mum still spoils her! xx

      Delete
  5. I want an Easter egg hunt now...my grandad used to always do them, fond memories :)

    ReplyDelete