Wednesday 17 June 2015

Review- Tesco NEW Giant Bourbon and Custard Cream Biscuits

You can imagine my excitement when my fellow reviewing buddie, @kevvieguy posted a picture of these NEW Giant Bourbon and Custard Cream Biscuits on Instagram a few days a go. Being the stereotypical lover of both, I knew I had to get my hands on them and see how they fare against the ones Costa did a while back! 


The biscuits were a rather chunky, 90g and a whopping 435kcal each. At 85p a pop, I thought they were very reasonably priced.

Bourbon


The strong cocoa scented biscuit was so thick, it was mighty difficult to get a knife through. It had a nice crunch to it and wasn't crumbly at all - Perfect for dunking in the hot beverage of your choice (Coffee! Always.). Taste wise, it was more of a standard but decadent chocolate biscuit rather than having the actual Bourbon taste - A shame but enjoyable none the less! The thick cream layer filling wasn't super sweet and had a good chocolatey flavour. Its a 3.5 out of 5 from me! 

Custard Cream


Once again, the biscuit was a little tricky to cut but I had high hopes as it smelt exactly like a Custard Cream.. Boy, did it deliver! The shortcake biscuit was buttery and had a lovely bite to it with a thick, vanilla-y cream layer sandwiched in the middle. The flavour really was very similar to that of its original counterpart. My only complaint is given how super sweet it was, I am not sure anyone would be able to eat it all in one go without throat burning ensuing! Its a 4 out of 5 from me! 

Overall, I loved both of these giant biscuits and have to say they are much nicer than the Costa ones. I will definitely be buying the Custard Cream one again - Now, do I find someone to share it with or risk a throat burn? Such a dilemma! 

Get yourself down to Tesco and buy both.. It might just make you feel like a big kid!

12 comments:

  1. Hmmmm makes me want a custard cream! Now let the people come to you to share, if they don't their loss. More for you, minimal effort - win win situation :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd share my giant custard cream with you, Nobby :) x

      Delete
  2. These sound so good, great review! the amount of calories in them is devastating though haha, but I suppose if I close my eyes they don't count, I wonder if they have dairy in them hmmm....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha shut those eyes tight, Missy! They are suitable for Vegetarians! :) x

      Delete
  3. I am in awe! Just amazing!

    Stacey x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must try the Custard Cream and overdose on the sweet vanilla-y delight! x

      Delete
  4. Hmm I think I'd still rather have several normal-sized custard creams in one sitting over messing around with a kingsize one. Considering the price too - for the price of 1 giant biscuit you could buy a couple of packs of normal ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think the 85p was to bad since you're usually looking at around 60p for a chocolate bar that wouldn't weigh anywhere near 90g! The biscuits are definitely a novelty and a bit more luxurious than a normal custard cream so I didn't mind at all :) Much more practical to eat on the go as well - If you can finish it that is!

      Delete
  5. I never see these cookies in Poland :( I waaant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fab! I hope they stick around and find their way to you soon :)

      Delete
  6. Are these still available anywhere ? X

    ReplyDelete