Sunday 28 February 2016

Review- The Coconut Collaborative: Mango & Passion Fruit and Blueberry

I've been hunting high and low for the NEW Chocolate Ganache from The Coconut Collaborative but sadly with no avail.. I did however find these Yogurts when having a peruse, which I thought were also new but after conferring with The Bananah, it turns out they're not quite as hot off the press as I thought.. Nevermind! 


I picked up both the Mango & Passionfruit and Blueberry Yogurt alternatives in Sainsbury's where they are priced at £1.40 a pop, for 120g. They're gluten, soya, dairy, pretty much everything free and only contain natural sugars. Fair warning though, they may be good for you thanks to all the coconut milk and water which boosts your energy levels a treat, but they are bloomin high in saturates with 8.6g per pot! 

Mango & Passionfruit


Am I the only person who gets a tad annoyed when a yogurt is sloshed all up the sides of the pot? I realise it's most unreasonable to expect anything else but still.. It does bug me! Digging down to the bottom, the orange coloured compote was plentiful and held its shape nicely when scooped. Taste wise, I was a little taken a back but how tart the yogurt was - I realise it doesn't contain any sweetener but I did find it to be particular sharp although very creamy and smooth.. A bit like a super strong natural yogurt, I suppose! I couldn't distinguish any coconut until the flavour of the fruity compote which was uncanny to a Solero Lolly, subsided. A pleasant, very mild coconut taste was left in the mouth and no claggy throat occured which goes a long way with me! It's a 4 out of 5. 

Blueberry


Being left a little let down by the potency of coconut, I took a whiff of this pot and it did smell quite tropical - A bit like sunscreen, if you will! Continuing to contrast with the above, the compote was a lot more liquidy and did kind of slop everywhere when trying to get some on my spoon. I found the yogurt to also be a lot milder in taste and almost sweet rather than tart, even when tasted without the deep purple bottom. An uncanny similarity to the squeezy kids Wildlife Choobs/Furbes was the flavour in general which I wouldn't know to be blueberry but was mighty tasty and took me right back to packed lunch days! Another 4 out of 5 from me. 

Overall, I'm quite pleased I didn't find my most sought after Ganache afterall - I don't usually go for Yogurts but have been pleasantly surprised by this duo from The Coconut Collaborative! There is also a Plain and Raspberry version which I will be keeping my eyes peeled for.. Who needs chocolate, ey?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment