Monday 22 February 2016

Review- Krispy Kreme NEW Brownie Batter and Cookie Dough

Happy Monday! Once again, it is Krispy Kreme time! Today saw the release of 2 brand spanking NEW Doughnuts despite having only just had the Valentine's editions - We are being spoilt! Rather than another fruity option, KK have ventured down the indulgent, chocolatey route with Brownie Batter and Cookie Dough options to brighten up their stores and our Tesco Cabinets. YAY. 


As I was feeling extra chunky, I bought an Assorted Box of 3 Doughnuts today but I am going to assume that these are priced at the usual £1.90 each. I would usually have been much more vigilant but I was kind of distracted by the appearance of the things - I don't know if someone had dropped the trays or if the KK minions are just getting sloppy during manufacturing (I expect the latter) but all of the Doughnuts looked a bit of a state with filling falling out of most, not to mention unequal toppings.. With some angst, I picked the best of a bad bunch and went on my merry way. 

Brownie Batter 


A brownie batter filling, hand-dipped in milk chocolate and topped with brownie chunks & choc chips  

What an anti climax! Where is the brownie batter filling? This only reaffirms my suspicions of slacking KK minions. Taking a bite, the chocolate on top cracked, sending the toppings everywhere but thankfully, it did taste good although I'm not sure I would have identified the brownie pieces as actually being brownie.. They certainly weren't of the texture. The dough was up to the usual standard with a light, fluffy texture and sweet flavour. A thick, gooey ganache like filling was in the centre and despite there not being a lot of it, it was mighty chocolatey and cocoa rich. Not quite brownie batter but yummy nevertheless - A 3.5 out of 5 from me! 

Cookie Dough


Filled with cookie dough kreme, coated in white chocolate and hand-decorated with cookie pieces and chocolate chips!

Once again, when cutting the lil fella in half, I was left wondering where all the cookie dough kreme filling was.. In fact, there was a massive gapping hole in the left half where I assume it had been injected! Luckily, this time a more than generous blob was hiding in the other section and was nice and whipped as kreme should be. Taste wise, it was cookie dough and nothing but, with a very sweet, biscuity flavour but I did feel it was a little lost when eaten with a big chunk of soft, doughnut itself. As seen previously, the toppings did crack, crumble and go everywhere apart from in my mouth but quality wise, they were bad at all.. Even if these Cookie pieces had the exact same, soft texture as the so called Brownie above! A 4 out of 5 from me. 

Overall, these NEW Krispy Kreme Doughnuts are pretty darn delightful - The Brownie Batter isn't revolutionary by any means but when you want a chocolate hit, it will certainly provide one.. And it hasn't got that god awful, chocolate sauce KK use which can only ever be a good thing! As for the Cookie Dough, you need one - It's as simple as that so treat yourself before they disappear! Go check out my Peanuts' review over at Nibbles 'n' Scribbles to see if minions were messing with her too and have a delightful Doughnut Day, folks! 

2 comments:

  1. Twins!!! At least you had filling in both halves, the minions failed to fill mine adequately. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a lot though, Peanut! I reckon the Brownie Batter would have been almighty if it had really been crammed in there.. The minions need to sort it out! xx

      Delete