Friday 5 February 2016

Review- The Chocolate Smith's Bacon Bizarre

My old mucker Kev AKA Butty knows how to treat people. He very kindly and slightly absurdly sent me this Bacon Bizarre by The Chocolate Smith's, to give a whirl - I do like chocolate and I do like bacon.. But the two together? I'm worried. 


Bacon and chocolate come together - at last! - as the ultimate sweet and savoury combination. It's wrong, but oh so right. 

Since Kev really is the King of Snack Finds, I haven't a clue where he bought this Bar from - Perhaps he hand made it himself in Northumbria.. It wouldn't surprise me, you can't put anything past the man. 


I ended up breaking most of the chocolate in hope of finding a piece with lots of crispy bacon bits showing but as you can see, my efforts were clearly folly. The bar smelt of bacon.. Artificial bacon - I wasn't looking forward to trying it. As I half expected, it tasted pretty damn disgusting. The chocolate itself wasn't all that bad with a decent melt and creamy taste but this was only until the overpowering flavour of fake bacon kicked in. It really was full on and no word of a lie, tasted like The Laughing Cow Bacon Dippers - I could actually taste the cheese part, it was that vile! A horrible sort of smoky, all round revolting aftertaste lingered which just finished things off perfectly, of course - YUCK. 

I always knew Kev was bonkers, but seriously.. WHAT WAS HE THINKING? This Bacon Bizarre is quite possibly the most repulsive chocolate bar I have ever eaten - I'm not sure it's even worthy of being called one! Nothing about it is right and the fact it's suitable for veggies baffles me - Can any non meat-eater ever be so desperate for the stuff, they would be willing to go down this route? Someone explain it to me. Sorry Kev but your gift game seriously needs to be upped - It's a 0 out of 5 from me!

8 comments:

  1. Laughing cow bacon dippers...hand made it himself...I'm howling 😂

    Seriously though, I would never have imagined it tastes this bad...Where's the actual bacon is my question? I want a refund and compensation for the trauma caused to us both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bad is an understatement. I imagine actual bacon rashers dipped in chocolate would be alright but this is just something else.. Bacon oil shouldn't be a thing. I could always send some back to you so you can see how awful it really is haha x

      Delete
  2. Lolololol funniest review ever! Got to love a review that has the words vile, horrible, revolting and yuck - and that's just in one paragraph. You tell 'em LucyLu! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good job Kev doesn't take life to seriously as it just had to be said! Haha xx

      Delete
  3. I love how brutal your reviews are. Straight to the point. Are you Simon Cowell?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll always get the 100% honest truth here, thats for sure! Haha. And yes, yes I am.. But this stays just between me and you, ok?! ;) x

      Delete
    2. Ahahaha please keep it up, I love this blog!

      Delete
    3. Ah I love that you love it! Thanks for the support - It means an awful lot! :D xx

      Delete