Wednesday 9 December 2015

Snackmas Day 9- Arden & Amici Almond Ricciarelli

I have a bit of a proclivity for Italian Christmas goodies.. Don't get me wrong, I am more than happy to go down the German route and stuff myself silly with Lebkuchan and Stollen but Panettone and Panforte just do it for me like no other! It was during one of my regular saunters up Tescos' Festive aisle when I came across these Arden & Amici Almond Ricciarelli - A new one to me which I am almost certain weren't there last year! 


The bright yellow box of 6 cost a rather pricey £5 but they are currently on offer with £1 off so if you've been umming and ahhing, this could be your prime opportunity! 


Traditional Tuscan Ricciarelli made with ground almonds and decorated with icing sugar - Soft and chewy in the middle, with a melt in your mouth experience.. If you like marzipan, you'll love these!


Boy, did these smell amazing. The description was bang on - It was the comforting scent of almond and marzipan that can't help but remind you of Christmas. I cut through one of the Ricciarelli and it stayed put with next to nothing in the way of crumbs. These had a "solid" yet soft bite to them with a crumbly, chewy sort of texture which felt pleasantly grainy and sugary in the mouth. It is thanks to all these packed almonds that it also delivered in terms of flavour.. It was full on marzipan and nothing but! The Winter Wonderland layer of white icing sugar on top was the perfect finishing sweetness to what was one darn delicious Italian treat!

And this is why I want to move to Italy.. These Almond Ricciarelli from Arden & Amici are flawless! As it states on the box, if you like marzipan you will love these and I vehemently suggest you go buy some now. In fact, I will push you through the automatic doors of Tesco myself! Its a 4.5 out of 5 from me - If only there were more than 6 in a pack!

No comments:

Post a Comment