Tuesday 8 December 2015

Snackmas Day 8- M&S Christmas Soup

Does "All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth" hit home to anyone? If so, worry no more that the Big Man won't deliver as we've moved on from Festive Sammie's to what is essentially, your Christmas dinner liquified - Festive Soup courtesy of the Old Chestnut that is M&S! 


Turkey soup with pork, sage and onion stuffing, roasted potatoes and roasted parsnips

The 600g carton was part of the usual "Buy 1 Get 1 Half Price" soup offer but I bought this singularly for what I think was the around the £2 mark - Not 100% sure, sorry Folks!


As with all my Soups, I microwaved some in a bowl until scolding hot - It smelt very inviting of veggies with a hint of pepper and spice. Firstly, I was impressed by the sheer quantity of potato and carrot, not to mention the several, slightly larger than Malteser size, stuffing balls! After it had cooled a tad, I digged in.. Texture wise it was a bit strange. The Soup itself both felt and tasted more of a Broth with chunky veg running throughout which although were soft, didn't really compliment the liquidy texture. Things got even more bizarre when it came to the whopper, stuffing balls.. They had a good meaty, sage and onion flavour but once again, didn't go with the other elements - By no means were they hard but it was a bit like drinking water and trying not to choke on an impending "solid" foodstuff. A very odd one! 

Overall, I am not to sure about this Christmas Soup*. Don't get me wrong, if you enjoy Vegetable Broths, you probably will enjoy this - Its tastes pleasantly of vegetables with a lingering pepperiness and if you're really lucky, a lonesome piece of pork will be waiting for you at the bottom of your bowl but I personally, can't get past the mishmash of textures.. And the fact it really isn't all that festive.. And the potential choking hazard. Alas, its a 2.5 out of 5 from me. 

*Once again, 5% of the sale goes to the charity Shelter which I've already ranted and raved about previously so I'll spare you the spiel again. Sort it out M&S.

No comments:

Post a Comment