Monday 17 October 2016

Review- Krispy Kreme NEW Pumpkin Spiced Cake

Happy Monday! It's a case of "last but by no means least" today with the final doughnut in Krispy Kreme's Vintage selection which would you believe it, has been keeping us busy (And well fed!) for the past 6 weeks - Time really does fly! 


Traditional American cake doughnut, flavoured with autumnal pumpkin spice and covered in our signature glaze. 

It seems as though people have gone off KK in my neck of the woods as once again, I was first to succumb to the Pumpkin Spiced Cake with not a single doughnut in my Tesco cabinet being MIA.. I doubt the staff hold some back and replenish them but surely the store can't be getting more than 1 delivery a day? It's a mystery.. As is the price as today I was charged £1.60. 


Cutting the heavily glazed ring-ish cake in half, I can't say the scent of pumpkin or spice was at all noticeable and certainly not what I had envisaged - Although deliciously sweet smelling, it could have been any old KK ring doughnut which didn't leave me too optimistic! With lingering faith, I took a bite and was pleased to be proven totally wrong! The crisp icing gave a satisfying crunch before hitting the soft, squidgy and remarkably moist "doughnut" which was miles superior to the dry, crumbly texture seen in the Cruller. A real warmth of spice* came through complimenting the sugary sweet tones perfectly - There was even enough potency to pleasantly tingle the back of the throat! As for the pumpkin aspect.. I can't say there was any but can say, it didn't need it! Yum! 

So I think Krispy Kreme may have left their best doughnut until last.. This Pumpkin Spiced Cake is amazing! I have no clue where the pumpkin part is meant to come into play as it lacked all likeness but what is in a name? If you like spices, this could very well be the one for you! - The texture a lone is a winner in my books. Get one in the next 2 weeks and reap in it's autumnal glory - A 4 out of 5 from me! 

*Which spice? Mixed? Cinnamon? I don't know but I liked it.. As did Nibs! Go read her review.

No comments:

Post a Comment