Sunday 29 November 2015

Review- The Grown Up Chocolate Company White Chocolate Praline Wonder Bar

As many of you may already know, I am a big fan of The Grown Up Chocolate Company - So much so, I've reviewed 4 of their Bars with more in the archives! Today is the turn of the NEW White Chocolate Praline Wonder Bar! 


Wait.. Haven't you done this before? I hear you ask. Yes, yes I have - Back in July and I wasn't all to impressed with it unfortunately - It was far to sweet with the quality of white chocolate being equally as poor. Thankfully, Grown Up Chocs have taken this on board and contacted me a couple of weeks ago asking if I would like to try their NEW and improved Wonder Bar - Yes of course!


Caramelised wafer excitingly slathered in sumptuous praline with a sprinkle of biscuit pearls encased in white chocolate. A true Wonder Bar! 

At first look, I didn't think it was going to be any different to the original Bar - The packaging was identical and aesthetically, they looked essentially the same too. Scanning the ingredients, I was pleasantly surprised to see that the Caramelised Wafer Praline had been bumped up from 36% to 42.3%, the White Chocolate from 21% to 37.5% and the doing away with the Fudge completely in exchange for Milk Chocolate 13.3% with slightly less Biscuit Pearls now at 6.9% rather than the 9% previously - Lots of changes!


Well would you look at that.. The inside was totally different - The White Chocolate casing alone was double the thickness! The Bar was a lot crunchier this time round and a bit like a brittle wafer in texture but not so hard you couldn't bite through. Thanks to the now MIA Fudge layer, things were not so sickly sweet and no throat burn ensued so that was spiffing! The main flavour was a sweet nuttiness with the Biscuit Pearls still not doing a lot in way of flavour but adding a further bite - Something I didn't mind either. A lovely melt and creaminess came from the White chocolate which tasted so much nicer this time than the last - I can only put that down to there being more of the stuff given that the Cocoa Butter and Milk Solids haven't changed! Delicious! 

Overall, without a doubt, this NEW NEW White Chocolate Praline Wonder Bar is 100 times better than its Mate back in the Summer - By removing the Fudge, the different elements are actually distinguishable although I do still feel the Biscuit Pearls are a little redundant but thats ok.. They don't hinder the taste! Thanks Grown Up Choc, this has been one case of Deja Vu that I don't mind - Its a 4 out of 5 from me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment