Thursday, 29 October 2015

Review- Cauldron Lincolnshire Vegetarian Sausages

We like Veggie Sausages here on R4R but so far both previous reviews of such a thing, Tesco's Everyday Value  and the Glamorgan, have been verging towards Croquette territory rather than actual Sausie. Today, there is none of that with this offering from Cauldron, makers of the Lincolnshire Vegetarian Sausage! Tesco was my port of call when buying the pack of 6 for £2.50 which live next to the fresh Quorn products. 


Made from an authentic recipe of vegetable protein with sage and pepper seasoning 


Veggie Sausages are one thing that never looks attractive when photographed - I apologise. Luckily they taste a hell of a lot better than they look! As soon as I took a bite, I thought "Rooks!". Whats Rooks?, I hear you ask. Its only the best Butchers in Kent and providers of all the usual and expected raw meats as well as hot, cooked sweet and savoury goods - Their herby Sausage is out of this world! These Caldron Veggies were almost identical.. You wouldn't know they weren't real meat although they do have that slight "quorn" aftertaste which you'll know if you're a regular eater of such things. The flavour is spot on and full of herby taste with a good seasoning of salt and pepper - I did almost find the latter to be to much but I am a wimp when it comes to any sort of "heat". Texture wise, things were tip top as well - They had a very meaty feel minus the fat and grease of course, with a "skin" that was crisp and chewy. 

I think I might have just gone and found myself a new favourite Veggie Sausage - These Cauldron Lincolnshire jobbies are definitely on par with the Linda McCartney's Red Onion & Rosemary Sausies and we all know how amazing they are! I can't quite believe I've gone this long without them.. I can easily see them becoming a staple weeknight meal. Its a big old, 4.5 out of 5 from me! 


6 comments:

  1. I bloomin love the Linda McCartney red onion ones! Maybe I shall give these a wee go too. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Nobby, me too! You defo should - Its just a shame they're a tad more pricey than Linda :( xx

      Delete
  2. Cauldron falafels are gorgeous too 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't eat those because of the chickpeas! :( xx

      Delete
  3. Cauldron are one of my favourite vegetarian brands! They do so many delicious things :) great review x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo! I do like an Erin seal of approval ;) xx

      Delete