Monday 19 September 2016

Review- Krispy Kreme NEW Powdered Blueberry

It's that time again - I can't believe it has been 2 weeks but it's a farewell to the Glaze Kreme and a "it was nice whilst it lasted", to make room for the NEW Powdered Blueberry in town and gracing all your Tesco Cabinets and KK stores from today!


Delicious Wild Blueberry filling, dusted with the perfect sprinkle of powdered sugar. 

This is the doughnut that actually "won" Krispy Kreme's Throwback campaign which we all "voted" in.. Despite all the options now making an appearance over the coming weeks - Sneaky but I am happy nevertheless! Priced at £1.75, this KK comes in cheaper than some of the other LE doughy delights.. Especially when you only get charged £1.45 at the till - Tesco boy, I thank you!


The doughnut cut well down the middle to reveal the deep purple, not to mention most generous, centre filling. Smelling relatively like blueberry, I took a bite and was pleased to find the dough itself was of the better quality that KK produce in being light, fluffy and no stodge. Taste wise, the blueberry did come through but I am sure it was mixed with something else.. Raspberry perhaps? - I am pretty sure it wasn't solely its namesake. As the flavour developed it became borderline medicinal with MSW claiming it to be uncanny to Blackcurrant Tunes (Do such a thing even still exist?) with quite a bit of sweetness mixed in. Topping the lot was of course, the dusting of icing sugar which was nice enough but a glaze would have been better even if very same-y to the rest of KK's range! 

Overall, I am a bit torn by this Powdered Blueberry.. I was so rooting for it but I can't help but feel at the end of the day, it's nothing special. Do let me know your thoughts if and when you try it - Perhaps Blueberry fanatics will go mad for it? I am really not to sure.. It is around until the 3rd of October anyways, until the Cruller takes over! It's a 3.5 out of 5 from me. 

Hop on over to NibsnScribs to read her review of this jammy jammy!

No comments:

Post a Comment