Thursday 17 September 2015

Review- Tesco NEW Easy Oats: Chunky Oats & Barley

I've been on a bit of a Porridge kick lately - Nothing beats it on a chilly autumnal morning! Usually I make it the old fashion way on the Hob but when in a rush to get out the door, I am more than happy to take a shortcut and ping it in the microwave! 


I picked up this box of NEW Easy Oats in Tesco where they cost £1.45 for 10 sachets - A whole £1 cheaper than their Quaker equivalent!  


The 27g packets of Chunky Scottish Oats & Barley Flakes contain only 97 calories each, 1.4g Fat and a negligible amount of Sats, Sugar and Salt - Perfect for anyone, watching what they eat! 


I followed the instructions on the back of the sachet and added 150ml of liquid and zapped it for about 4 minutes. I was a bit narked that there wasn't a line in which to fill up to as that does lessen the faffing around when you're half asleep at 7am and can't measure to save you life. 


In my sleepy state, I think I measured a little more than 150ml of liquid but personally, I don't mind a "sloppier" Porridge! The texture was velvety smooth and soft with a very slight bite from the Barley flakes. It tasted as all good Porridges should - Oaty and wholesome with a comforting feel that you just know is going to do you some good! My bowlful was creamy even though I only used water when preparing.. I imagine it would feel even more luxurious and rich if milk was used. Yum yum! 

Overall, I can't find much fault in these NEW Easy Oats - It makes for a healthy and filling breakfast that is perfect for all ages.. A fill line on the packet wouldn't go amiss though, if I am to be really pernickety! I had my Porridge plain on this occasion but I have no doubt it would be delicious with any topping of your choice - Fruit, Nuts, Honey.. NUTELLA! The world is your Pickle! Its a 4.5 out of 5 from me! 


3 comments:

  1. Clearly the £1 less is why there is no fill line haha. Have you tried Quakers cuppa porridge, I love that and literally no faffing what so ever! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im sorry but a fill line doesn't cost £1.. Don't get me started! Haha. I have not but I shall! I love me some porridge. All the porridge! :D xx

      Delete
  2. Porridge is a way of life , love it!

    ReplyDelete