Saturday 19 September 2015

Review- NEW Marmite Flatbreads

They say you either love or hate Marmite.. I am not sure this is strictly true as I am indifferent towards the stuff. I can be more than happy to eat it but at the same time, could easily turn it down. Am I the only one who feels like this? 


It was obviously a Marmite loving day when I picked up these NEW Flatbreads in Waitrose for £2.35 - Quite pricey for only 140g (16 crackers, if I've counted correctly!)


Savoury flatbreads with yeast extract topped with cheese 


There was no doubt that these were going to be full of Marmite flavour as the smell was ridiculously potent! The dry and thin flatbreads were super crunchy thanks to a short texture with the signature, deep flavour of yeast extract. On top of each long rectangular cracker, was a sprinkle of cheddar cheese - Although subtle and pleasant, it didn't really stand much of a chance against the taste of Marmite which was always going to overshadow everything. There was quite a saltiness also, resulting in them being very moreish but would burn your tongue at the same time - Never a good thing! 

These NEW Marmite Flatbreads are definitely one for the fanatics - I wouldn't suggest buying them unless you are fully committed to the yeast extract cause. To boost the cheesiness, get yourself a spread to dip them in.. Be it something fancy like Cathedral City Mature or my personal favourite, Dairylea! Anyone who decides that Marmite itself needs to go on top and finds that their tongue has dissolved.. It serves you right! Its 3.5 out of 5 from me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment