Tuesday 28 April 2015

Review- Gu Hot Chocolate Souffles

I have a rather large collection of glass ramekins in my kitchen.. Gu Puds are to blame.


I picked up the Hot Chocolate Souffles in Tesco for £2. Each box contains 2, 65g containing ramekins. They are one of the few Gu desserts that I am yet to have tried. 


I was tempted to eat it like this, straight from the fridge but decided it was probably best eaten in its intended soufflé form. For the good of review and all that. 


I popped it into a 160 degree fan oven for 12 minutes and it puffed up beautifully. It smelt as divine as it looked! 


I got stuck in immediately and was greeted by a molten, ooey gooey, chocolate centre. The flavour was rich and dark but not bitter in the slightest. Texture wise, it was perfectly light and fluffy - I could have easily cooked and eaten the other one there and then!

These Soufflés are spot on - I cannot recommend Gu Puds enough. The twin pack dessert range is very extensive and includes, Gu-Zillionaires Puds, Raspberry & White Chocolate Mousses, Lemon Cheesecakes, Key Lime Pies and Melting Middles, to name a few! Personally, I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. 

I'm off to buy all of the above and add to my ramekin collection. It's top marks from me - 5 out of 5! 

No comments:

Post a Comment