Wednesday 22 April 2015

Review- FRijj Supreme Sticky Toffee Pudding and Honeycomb Choc Swirl Milkshakes

Chocolate milk is the best. I use to drink pints of the stuff and probably still would if I allowed myself! I spotted these FRijj Supreme Milkshakes in Sainsburys for £1.30 each and thought I'd give them a whirl and reignite my love for flavoured milk. 

Sticky Toffee Pudding 


Very suave packaging! 


Oh my goodness gracious me! A lovely toffee scent welcomed me upon opening the bottle. I poured myself a glass pronto, eager to try the delight that was waiting for me.. My bubble then burst. One sip and I was overwhelmed by sweetness and left with a claggy film in my mouth and throat! I don't like the texture at all and the flavour is just as bad - Sticky Toffee Pudding, it is not! I can't for the life of me fathom how anyone would enjoy this awful drink. A 'I wouldn't drink this again, for love nor money' 0 out of 5 from me - YUCK! 

Honeycomb Choc Swirl


I really do like the fancy-pants bottle. Wish I could say the same for the drink *cough*. 


OK, this one wasn't quite as vile as the Sticky Toffee. It had a nice honeycomb smell and at first it didn't taste all that bad. That was until I was greeted by the trusty old claggy film and a delightful celery aftertaste - what a bonus! Why a milkshake would taste of celery is beyond me. Don't get me wrong, I love celery but I don't want my drinks to taste of it! For being slightly more bearable, it's a 0.5 out of 5 from me! 

There is a third milkshake in the Supreme range - Raspberry White Choc Swirl. Thankfully, my buddie Kev (@kevvieguy on Twitter - he's full of banter and finds the best snacks) has reviewed it on his blog (http://kevssnackreviews.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/frijj-supreme-white-chocolate-raspberry.html?m=1) as I'm not sure I could stomach another! 

What are FRijj playing at with these Milkshakes and who decided on the name, Supreme?! Unless you particularly enjoy super sweet, claggy celery drinks, I suggest you steer clear. I'm off to pour both my bottles down the sink and have a lie down. Good grief. 

No comments:

Post a Comment