Monday 15 June 2015

Review- Roberto & Giuseppe's Tomato & Sweet Basil Pastinos

I am always excited to go into Waitrose as I don't have one right on my door step - Great snacks are to be found there! I spotted these Roberto & Giuseppe's Tomato & Sweet Basil Pastinos in the Crisp aisle and thought they looked a bit different. They also had a 1/3 off and only cost £1.46 which is always a bonus!


The Pastino Gourmet Snack gets its name by bringing together the words PASTa, which is what they are made from and the Italian word for snack, SpunTINOS. INGENIOUS, I tell you! 


They certainly look like pasta shells and sounded exactly as they do when shaken in the bag - It was a bit odd to think I was about to eat them "raw". Upon opening, I was welcomed by a lovely Mediterranean aroma. Taste wise, they were fantastic! They definitely tasted of pasta but with a light airy crunch rather than being soft. The sweet tomato and basil flavours were really apparent with a moreish salty kick which made them very hard to stop eating.

These are one of the nicest "Crisp" snacks, I have had! The 150g bag didn't last even an hour.. Thats the true sign of an amazing snack! The Pastinos also come in Arrabbiata Chilli & Tomato and Chianti & Olive which I am definitely going to get the next time I come across a Waitrose. Its top marks from me, 5 out of 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment