Wednesday 26 August 2015

Review- NEW Bounty and MilkyWay Spreads

Bounty Spread, people.. BOUNTY SPREAD! I almost fainted in excited when a picture of this appeared in my Twitter feed last week - Coconut means a hell of a lot to a hell of a lot of people, dontcha know! The MilkyWay Spread, was a pleasant surprise when I hopped on down to Tesco to pick up the NEW, aforementioned. 


The 200g glass jars each cost £2 each - A price I don't mind paying since the glasses make perfect juice tumblers! 


L-R Milk spread with coconut flakes, Chocolate and milk spread duo 

Bounty


Me being me, I couldn't not go for the Bounty Spread first. If I am honest, I thought it smelt a bit like sawdust but it takes more than that to deter me! Taste wise, I am heartbroken to say that it was all sickly creamy milk flavour rather than the potent coconut paradise, I envisaged. The texture was silky smooth and the flakes added a grainy sort of texture which was strangely pleasant but the flavour just wasn't there to back it up - Far to sweet and not Bounty whatsoever! Its a 1.5 out of 5 from me. 

MilkyWay


Next up, the MilkyWay Spread! It smelt as its description suggested - Chocolatey and milky! I slapped some on the Chocolate Scones, I had just made and got stuck in. At the risk of blowing my own Trumpet.. I have to say I think without my baked delight, the spread would've been pretty lack lustre! The flavour was of generic sweet chocolate with some milkiness thrown in for good measure. I am curious to know if this stuff is identical to that of the MilkyWay Stripey Tube Spread.. I am going to assume so and just be grateful I opted for the version that comes with a nice glass. Its another 1.5!

Overall, these are pants - Its as simple as that. They certainly don't exude their intended chocolate bars, with the Bounty, I feel, particularly taking the mick. What is Bounty without Coconut?! It has next to nothing in the way of coconut flavour so I am baffled to why it can be even labelled as it. The MilkyWay, you can take or leave depending if milky chocolate, floats your boat - I can see it being more popular but in the grand scheme of things, neither have a patch on the previously released Malteser Teasers Spread which was pretty darn good! Never mind and never again! 



8 comments:

  1. I'm so disappointed for you! Defiantly not purchasing the Milky Way one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am most put out! :( Definitely don't bother, Nobs! x

      Delete
  2. Nooooooo I'm devastated!

    I didn't bother with the Milkyway because I assumed it was the same as the tube (which I noticed wasn't on sale alongside it) and I'd been really disappointed with that too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too :( You would have thought Mars could have made the actual spread, coconut flavoured rather than milky mehness with flakes chucked in :/ I am not sure who will buy any of these! Best we all stick with Nutella.. Nutella will always reign almighty! :D x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I don't! Peanuts and me don't go together :D x

      Delete
  4. Oh no that's really disappointing! The Bounty spread looks almost identical to the Lidl coconut white chocolate one (which is quite milky and creamy but I still like it!). Surely this one should have been a milk chocolate spread with coconut to recreate a Bounty.

    Actually that reminds me that Sainsbury's used to do an own brand chocolate & coconut spread that was just delicious. I'm still hoping they will bring that back one day, but you're right, nothing really beats Nutella anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This isn't even white chocolate, its just some milky bland stuff! :( I will have to keep my eyes peeled for the Lidl one - Anything has got to be more appealing than this mock bounty jobby! I don't know what Mars were thinking.. Its about as far away from the chocolate bar as you can get!

      Don't tell me that.. I've got 6 spreads in the cupboard currently, all on the go. If Sainsburys did the right thing and brought it back, my life would be over run by jars! Haha x

      Delete