Friday 8 May 2015

Review- M&S English Afternoon Tea Dessert

I did some serious damage in Marks and Spencer last week. I hadn't been in for a few months so I was keen to check out what was new for the Summer. I kind of wish I hadn't bothered now.. Brace yourself for some negativity! 


I was instantly drawn to the Dessert Menu Range. I was lucky enough to get these English Afternoon Tea Dessert with Cambridge Favourite Strawberry & Earl Grey, for £2.50 as they had been reduced. 


I wish I had read the description before I bought them.. Sparkling wine flavour mousse?! 


They certainly look very cute! 


These are very soft and wobbly. The base was unpleasantly soggy and the 'mousse' was more like a blancmange. Taste wise, it was pretty disgusting. I couldn't taste any almond or earl grey. The sparkling wine flavour was that of nondescript cheap booze and the strawberry compote centre didn't make it any more appetising. The white chocolate piece on top was about the only edible part of the whole dessert. 

Overall, these are god awful! I now understand why there were dozens of boxes at a reduced price - No one in their right mind would enjoy them! It's a big fat 0 out of 5 from me!  

No comments:

Post a Comment