Sunday 9 April 2017

Review- Shaken Udder NEW Strawberries & Clotted Cream Milkshake

A few weeks, I was contacted by Nikki (Hi Nikki! Thanks Nikki! Happy Sunday Nikki!) asking if I would be interested in trying the NEW Strawberries & Clotted Cream Milkshake by Shaken Udder. As I am not crazy, I accepted this generous offer and 3 bottles of the baby pink stuff turned up on my doorstep, not to long after. 


Parading its pips on the outside, Britains best berry earned its name from the farmers stuffing straw around their plants. We blended this scrumptious strawberries in a bottle with Rodda's divine Cornish clotted cream. 

It's essentially summer in a 330ml bottle! Who doesn't like strawberries and cream come a scorching July day, after all? Well me for one but that's neither here nor there - Cream haters are few and far between so I am told.. I will take the fruit though, a long with the promise of British Milk and no nasty hidden preservatives. flavourings or colours. 


Giving the Shake a shake and pouring some into a tumbler, the Shake* appeared to be up to the usual Shaken Udder consistency of being plenty thick yet still smooth, silky and easy to drink. The strawberry flavour, albeit very pleasant, didn't quite pack the strength I anticipated with not all that much in terms of sweetness or potency.. But of course, this could solely be down to the fact it was the "real deal" opposed to a cheap and most likely, artificially flavoured supermarket Strawberry Milk (Nesquik, anyone?). Creaminess wise.. It was certainly that which did pair up with the relatively mild strawberry nicely but managed to avoid being overly cloying, to produce one very tasty, indulgent, "grown up" drink. 

Overall, this Shaken Udder Strawberries & Cream offering didn't disappoint in the slightest.. Well, in fact, it's exceeded my expectations really, especially after having prepared myself to be repulsed by the cream aspect. Perhaps I am a changed woman. Perhaps I might channel my inner "Wimbledon" and go the whole "Strawberries & Cream hog" this year. Perhaps.. I just really like Shaken Udder. I think it might be the latter, don't you? Get yourself a £1.49 bottle from Waitrose and let me know what you think - It's a 4 out of 5! 

*Has Shake now lost all meaning? Shake. Shake. .....Shake. 

4 comments:

  1. Shakey shake!

    I'll definitely look out for these in Waitrose, I'm in there often enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these sound awesome. I saw them pop up on the Shaken Udder feed not so long ago and was momentarily very disappointed to be in Bavaria. They're on my list to try next time I'm home - Glad they measure up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo I do like a milkshake!! I've never heard of this brand before but the shake (shake, shake, shake) sounds seriously yummy!!!xx

    Honeypot Blogs

    ReplyDelete